- First match: Liverpool 7–1 Rotherham Town, a friendly match, 1 September 1892.
- First Lancashire League match: Liverpool 8–0 Higher Walton, 3 September 1892.
- First Football League match: Liverpool 2–0 Middlesbrough Ironopolis, Second Division, 2 September 1893.
- First FA Cup match: Liverpool 4–0 Nantwich Town, first qualifying round, 15 October 1892.
- First League Cup match: Liverpool 1–1 Luton Town, second round, 19 October 1960.
- First European match: Liverpool 5–0 KR Reykjavik, European Cup, first round, 17 August 1964.
- Record win: 11–0 against Strømsgodset in the UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup, 17 September 1974.
- Record league win: 10–1 against Rotherham Town in Second Division, 18 February 1896.
- Record FA Cup win: 9–0 against Newtown in second qualifying round, 29 October 1892.
- Record League Cup win: 10–0 against Fulham in second round, first-leg, 23 September 1986.
- Most league wins in a season: 30 wins from 42 games (during the 1978–79 season).
- Fewest league wins in a season: 7 wins from 30 games (during the 1894–95 season).
- Record defeat: 1-9 against Birmingham City FC in Second Division, 11 December 1954.
- Record defeat at Anfield: 0–6 against Sunderland in First Division, 19 April 1930.
- Record-scoring defeat: 2–9 against Newcastle United in First Division, 1 January 1934.
- Record FA Cup defeat: 0–5 against Bolton Wanderers in fourth round, first-leg, 26 January 1946.
- Record League Cup defeat: 3–6 against Arsenal in fifth round, 9 January 2007.
- Most league defeats in a season: 23 defeats from 42 games (during the 1953–54 season).
- Fewest defeats in a season: Unbeaten during the 28-game 1893–94 season.
- Most league goals scored in a season: 106 in 30 games (during the 1895–96 season, Second Division).
- Most Top flight goals scored in a season: 101 in 38 games (during the 2013–14 season, Premier League).
- Fewest league goals scored in a season: 42 in 34 and 42 games (during the 1901–02 and 1970–71 seasons, First Division).
- Most league goals conceded in a season: 97 in 42 games (during the 1953–54 season, First Division).
- Fewest league goals conceded in a season: 16 in 42 games (during the 1978–79 season, First Division.
- Most points in a season:
- Two points for a win: 68 (in 42 games in 1978–79, First Division).
- Three points for a win: 90 (in 42 games in 1987–88, First Division).
- Fewest points in a season:
- Two points for a win: 22 (in 30 games in 1894–95, First Division).
- Three points for a win: 52 (in 38 games in 2011–12, Premier League).
- Highest league attendance: 58,757 (against Chelsea, First Division in the 1949–50 season).
- Highest League Cup attendance: 50,880 (against Nottingham Forest, in the 1979–80 season).
- Highest European attendance: 55,104 (against Barcelona, in the 1975–76 season).
- Record lowest attendance: 1,000 (against Loughborough, Second Division in the 1895–96 season).
- Lowest FA Cup attendance: 4,000 (against Newtown, in the 1892–93 season).
- Lowest League Cup attendance: 9,902 (against Brentford in the 1983–84 season).
- Lowest European attendance: 12,021 (against Dundalk in the 1982–83 season).
Liverpool recorded a 95,446 attendance against Melbourne Victory in a pre-season friendly in July 2013 at the MCG.